Mazuri Leaf-Eater Primate Diet is a complete life-cycle diet specially formulated to meet the needs of leaf-eating primates such as langurs and howlers, which are thought to require a high fiber-diet.
This diet can also be fed to other species of primates such as gorillas and orangutans when a high-fiber diet is desired.
Features and Benefits
- Designed to be fed with supplementation – Allows for natural feeding behaviors by the addition of species-appropriate food items.
- Meets NRC recommendations for most nutrients – Except protein, sodium and chloride when fed at 50% of the diet.
- High Fiber – Contains multiple sources of soluble and insoluble fiber.
- No added sucrose or fructose – Helps maintain dental health and may be appropriate for diabetic and pre-diabetic animals.
- No added wheat product – May be appropriate for animals with wheat sensitivity.
- Natural source vitamin E and stabilized vitamin C – More bioavailable and stable forms, respectively.
- Contains flaxseed – Source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
Product Form: Extruded Biscuit: 1” diameter x 2 1/4” length
Product Size: 25 lb. net weight paper sack.
Crude protein not less than 23.0%
Crude fat not less than 5.0%
Crude fiber not more than 14.0%
Moisture not more than 12.0%
Ash not more than 9.0%